Tuesday, 3 August 2010

'Live Below The Line' has begun

Live Below The Line

This blog will follow me during this week as I take part in  http://livebelowtheline.com/

Eating below the poverty line.

In Australia, that means living on less than $2 a day, and I checked with the World Bank, and it is equivalent to $1 a day here in Thailand.
On my first day, I hadn't worked out what the Thai equivalent was so I lived WAY BELOW THE LINE... so all I ate was some pineapple and later some beans.

Yesterday as I was walking through the market, and looking at these piles of delicious tropical fruits and bags of them yummiest deserts on earth, the thought occured to me how much I am sacrificing here.   I could be living in pure luxury...  and it is quite affordable to.  Instead I am going hungry, and bartering over 5 cents off the cost of my tomatoes...

It is now day 3, and I have yet to eat or go to the market, but below is a review of day 2:


35c in Bananas
17c Tomatos
35c in greens
10c in Mung beans
 
I managed to find cheap bananas. I realised if I went to the supermarket, I could hardly eat anything, so I have shopped in the local bulk market.  I recommend people in Australia do the same.
 
So, that is day 2.
 
 
 
 
Yesterday, my fundraising efforts recieved a large donation from an anonymous 'old friend'  I have no idea who it was from, but they gave enough to put 1 child through school for 18 months.  Thank you.
 
I am now only $5 off reaching my goal, which was 2 years worth of schooling.  If you would like to support the project please go to:
 


Thanks

No comments:

Post a Comment